|Modded episode||Keen 1|
|Discussion(s)||PCKF Keen: Modding|
|Number of levels||16|
|Other mods in this series||Episode X, |
Keen Z is a mod made by Ceilick. It's a Keen 1 mod with high difficulty, that completes the unofficial The Universe Is Toast trilogy started by Xky Rauh. Some of the levels were taken form KeenRush's Keen X level pack, with some changes to make it easier, but they are still quite hard.
- Graphics: custom graphics by Ceilick
- Tileset: completely new tileset by Ceilick
- Levels: 16 regular levels
- Story text: new with continuity to Keen Y and Keen Null
- Tools used (incomplete list): unknown
Previously in Keen X Commander Keen had disabled Mortimer McMire's mothership only to discover that it was a decoy and that another battleship lay prepped and ready to destroy the Universe just outside a nearby Wormhole. In Keen Y, having destroyed the second battleship, Keen prepared for the long flight home only to discover that yet another Starship was lurking outside the wormhole bearing Mortimer's all too familiar initial. With little time to act, Keen must do whatever it takes to prevent whatever Mortimer has planned. Before setting out on Mortimer's ship, a precursory scan reveals much about the ship. Keen discovers that Mortimer plans to use four organic parts to create a mutation so large, evil and hungry that it will eat the entire universe as if it were a toast. This creature requires four organs. These vital organic parts are kept in high security, organic zones aboard the ship. Extreme caution is advised when coming in contact with these areas.
- Bloog tongue - that makes everything tasty
- Dopefish stomach - to have enough space to eat the entire universe
- Mutated space amoeba - will make the body of the mutation
- Carclopsian brain - to control this titan
Spoiler Warning! This shows the whole levels.