Is this a mod?
CrazyKeen mixed Keen 1 with a few Keen 2 and 3 files, but he or she did not modify any of them. --Grandy02 (talk) 10:32, 31 May 2019 (UTC)
- Well, that's a difficult one. I'd say it does fit into the category notable-mods. To me it seems to be an unique idea to do an entire tileset/ sprite swap, regardless the visual gibberish. Even though being a skin-mod it does seem to have this special extra feeling, maybe because we don't have another random noise like mod. In my opinion Keen Static really doesn't feel very similar to the original games and therefor could stay in the list...
- Convincing? Please, let me know what you think? Have you tested it?
- - Nisaba (talk) 12:13, 14 June 2019 (UTC)
- I tested it, besides the graphics, it's like Keen 1, except for the fact that certain creatures fall through the ground since they are made up of different Keen 3 sprites. Also, texts can't be read since they are scrambled, too. But I have to agree that it is unique for its time, no graphical Keen mods existed in 1999, not even the pre-ModKeen Military Mods. Okay, let's keep this, but I moved it to skin mods, definitely not a "full mod". --Grandy02 (talk) 12:27, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- Sounds convincing to me. Thanks for taking care.
- - Nisaba (talk) 13:38, 15 June 2019 (UTC)