Talk:Mortimer McMire - The Armageddon Machine
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I think this page, as well as the one of its sequel, should be deleted (or at least blanked) since the author hasn't mentioned that he wants to release a new version of this mod with more changes for almost two years. It goes against the guidelines and there are many links that lead to non-existent or deleted files. What do you think? DarkAle (talk) 17:59, 25 August 2023 (GMT)
- I'm not exactly sure what to do about this. A couple years ago, a debate over graphics-only mods was started, but it has yet to reach a solid conclusion to this day. So far, we seem to agree that mods which change most (if not all) of the graphics should have articles (personally, I might not care for them too much, but they seem to have appeal to other people, particularly casual players), which is why I recently created pages for the two Composite CGA Editions (though I think they also have the benefit of making the CGA versions look good).
- We haven't really decided what to do with mods that just change the player sprite, though. On one hand, people seem to like them in some of the other modding communities and playing as a different character could provide a slightly different feel. On the other hand, however, it's still a slightly different feel and doesn't take much effort to make (especially for a character like Mortimer, who's mostly a recolor). If we allow the two Mortimer mods, do we also allow mods that just let you play as Princess Lindsey, Oracle Janitor, etc? In the discussion I linked, I thought it'd be cool if someone made a program that allows you to mix and match the player sprites of your choice with other graphics packs, and use them for an original Keen game or a levelpack/mod. It doesn't seem like anyone is interested in making that, though. Quinton (talk) 09:06, 27 August 2023 (GMT)
- I think we can agree that the community has not yet come to an agreement on this issue. There are strong opinions on different views and good arguments for all the positions mentioned. As long as we are undecided here, we should not take any further actions. This means that this mod will remain blanked out but not deleted and new skin mods will not be included for the time being.
- You can follow the full discussion about this topic here.
- -- Nisaba (talk) 10:25, 30 August 2023 (GMT)