Extreme Keen is a levelpack for Keen 1 by Perry Scanlon released on 2003-03-01. The levels are pretty straightforward, with an emphasis on difficult action challenges. There's not much exploration nor items to collect.
The following descriptions of the levels have been provided in a readme in the original zip of the levelpack.
- Level 1: Get a bunch of extra lives and ammo. And if you feel like it, you can grab the spaceship parts and beat the game. Skip the parts if you want to play the real levels.
- Level 2: A descending level. Each landing brings a new surprise...
- Level 3: Pyramid of flashing lights. Guaranteed to annoy and frustrate. :-)
- Level 4: "Keen goes postal!" You get to shoot lots of monsters. Simple left-to-right level.
- Level 5: A very short ice level. The pogo stick helps.
- Level 6: An ascending level.
- Level 7: "Keen gets paranoid!" Monsters and robots from every direction.
- Level 8: Ice level with shooting robots.
- Text: left unchanged
- Graphics: same Keen 1 graphics
- Levels: 8 levels
- Tools used: Unknown