Christmas Special 2004
Commander Keen's Christmas Special 2004 is a cooperative mod created by Levellord and Benvolio in late 2004, and released 2 Jan 2005. It was planned to coincide with Christmas Day of 2004. The levels, graphics, menus and other aspects of the game were created by the two modders, with a roughly equal distribution of work.
- Graphics: custom graphics by Benvolio and Levellord
- Levels: 16 levels by Benvolio and Levellord
- includes a a modified EGA 16-colour pallette, use of tileinfo
- Tools used (incomplete list): ModKeen 1.0, CKPatch, KeenWright, Tileinfo, Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 and, later, 8.
- The game is patched to disable cheats
Commander keen is left on christmas eve without gifts for his family. He desperately calls on his friend, the Easter Bunny, to bring him to the Holiday Dimension where suitable gifts are hidden.
- Presents for Billy's family: Jazz JackRabbit Doll, Piercing, Dark Chocolate, Vodka
- Ammo for ray pistol: increase Keen's weapon ammo
- Keys: used to open doors
Although the helpfile states different values, this is how much points you actually get in the game:
- Candyfloss: 10 points
- Easter egg: 20 points
- Chocolate Almond: 32 points
- Icecream: 144 points
- Soda Can: 144 points
- Coins: 320 points
- Pepsi Can: 320 points
Spoiler Warning! This shows the whole levels.