Bunny Basher 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bunny Basher 2
|Modded episode||Keen 1|
|Number of levels||16|
|Other mods in this series||The Adventures of Bunny Basher, Bunny Basher 3|
Bunny Basher 2, is a Keen 1 mod by Benvolio. It is a sequel to The Adventures of Bunny Basher, which was Benvolio's fourth mod. This mod is written in the Irish language, which is Benvolio's second language. That makes it the first non-english mod released. As the game is graphically based, this should pose no obstacle to any players who might not be Irish speakers. It is one of the Benvolio mods that took longest to make, being in development for a large part of 2005.
- Graphics: custom graphics by Benvolio
- Levels: 16 levels
- includes a modified EGA 16-colour pallette, use of tileinfo,
- Tools used (incomplete list): ModKeen 1.0, CKPatch, KeenWright, Tileinfo, Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 and, later, 8.
- In accordance with Benvolio's policies of gameplay, there is no patch restricting the GOD or CT-SPACE cheats.
This is a sequel to Bunny Basher. Bunny must save some chickens and pigs from death in a meat factories, by finding the four keys, which are hidden in fields and barns. The in depth story is written in Irish.
- Mortimer's Ship Parts: four coloured keys
- Rabbit droppings, as ammuntition for Bunny (5 shots per item)
- Keycarrots - open doors
- Lettuce - 25 points
- Jar of Pink Liquid (?jam or chutney or something) 25 points
- Beige Carrot (or maybe parsnip) - 50 points
- Potato - 50 points
- Onion - 50 points
- Bunch of Grapes - 50 points
- Purple Clover - 50 points
- Jar of Green Liquid (?jam or chutney or something) 50 points
- Orange - 75 points
- Jar of Blue Liquid (?jam or chutney or something) 75 points
- Jar of Red Liquid (?jam or chutney or something) 200 points
- Ox-Eye Daisy - 999 points
- Jar of Pale Blue Liquid (?jam or chutney or something) 999 points
- Orange Carrot - 999 points
- The accented (called "fada" in Irish) characters were listed in the help file for reference during development, and left there in error after completion
- The inspiration for this mod was drawn more so from the farm land of Eastern Ireland where Benvolio grew up, rather than the wilder settings of the first Bunny Basher mod.
- The mod is has some surprisingly violent moments including bloody death by sharp cutting wheels, and intensive farming of chickens and pigs.
- The Green Stool that appears in one of the indoor levels is a direct facsimile of an old milking stool which remains in usage in the Benvolio family home
- Benvolio was listening to vinyl records before it was cool (but after it was originally cool).
Spoiler Warning! This shows the whole levels.