Daniel's Keen Mod
Daniel's Keen Mod is a Keen 1 mod produced by Daniel (aka Dagneilius), where you play as the "ghost" of Keen. It contains a few new graphics along with some recolored tiles and sprites. Most levels are just mere edits of the originals, with only two that have any significant additions and one that is completely new. It is considered by most to be more of a levelpack than a true mod.
As taken from the story text:
On April 17th, 3026, eight year old Billy Blaze was shopping at the hardware store with his parents. He bought everything he needed for his new invention, the home teleporter. He got in his Bean-with-Bacon Megarocket. He meant to press "OPEN INVISIBLE BACK DOORS" to let his parents in. His hand slipped and he pressed "LAUNCH". Because he bumped the control panel, a fuse cracked and autopilot mode went crazy. The Bean-with-Bacon flew in autopilot mode to the planet Mars! He soon discovered he could survive without his space suit. He went exploring. When he came back with 1 life, the vorticons took 5 lives from him. Help his ghost get 4 hearts back so Keen can be alive again.
A nice little Martian robot that has trouble keeping his hat on. He is nice except for the fact that he usually pushes you off a platform to your death.
These robots exist to kill any intruders. Even friendly ones.
Lemon Lolipop (sic)100 points.
Standard Galactic Pepsi200 points.
Chocolate Chip Cookie500 points.
Commander Keen's Biography1,000 points.
Commander Keen Doll5,000 points.
HeartFour of these are required to finish the game, albeit only three can be kept (see technical info on mod page for more details).
Keys used to unlock doors.
Pogoing allows reaching otherwise inaccessible places.
Five extra shots.
- 80: Mars (world map)Required?YesPoints0Ammo0
- New story that is taken from Dagneilius's 1st Levelpack with a few minor alterations.
- Graphics: Mostly Keen 1 graphics, with a few new graphics and some recolored tiles and sprites.
- Levels: 16 levels (most of which are edits of the originals), modified world map
- Tools used: Unknown
- Known bugs: The exit in level 3 cannot be used as it's on what would be the ceiling of Mars terrain, which is a fall-through tile, making the level impossible to beat. Since a heart is in that level, this bug makes the game impossible to finish as well.