Energy Flow Systems
|Dimensions||70 x 74 tiles|
|Total ammo||6 Neural Stunners6 ammopack <br />6 VorticonHyperPistol <br />6 Pistol <br />6 SuperFlowerPower <br />6 Raygun <br />|
|Song||Spiro Grip Me Tighter|
Energy Flow Systems is a level in Keen 5. It contains one of the four machines that Keen has to destroy in order to access the elevator.
This level is particularly notable for the presence of Robo Reds on TV screens in many of the rooms. There is only one real Robo Red, though, in the room just below the start, and it appears in all difficulty levels. Other enemies in this level include Sparkies, Little Amptons, a Shikadi (normal and hard modes), and a Shockshund (in hard mode only).
At the bottom of the level, there is a pit filled with fire helices, indicated by a do-not-enter sign at the entrance. If Keen is brave enough to enter it with help of a floating platform, many hidden goodies are waiting for him.
Keen must also destroy the machine's two fuses in the final room in order to complete the level, by pogoing on them. The machine itself does contain several energy-looking tubes, probably related to its purpose of regulating the flow of energy through the Omegamatic.
- John Romero's name is in the level, spelt out using pipes (see Keen 5 Easter eggs).
- A swastika is also hidden in the level (see Keen 5 Easter eggs above). This was removed in the 1993 version of the game.
- There are a total of 136,000 points to be found:
- 43 Shikadi Gums (4,300)
- 26 Marshmallows (5,200)
- 41 Chocolate Milks (20,500)
- 36 Tart Stixes (36,000)
- 10 Sugar Stoopies Cereals (20,000)
- 10 Bags O' Sugar (50,000)
- There are no less than 75 jars of Vitalin in here.
- A single Keg O' Vitalin is hidden at the bottom of the level.